Clerk’s Office

Public Notice
Ray Township

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Public Accuracy Test for the November 6, 2018 General Election has been scheduled for Monday, October 29, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. at Ray Township, 64255 Wolcott, Ray, MI 48096.

The Public Accuracy Test is conducted to demonstrate that the program and computer that will be used to tabulate the results of the election, counts the votes in the manner prescribed by law.

Lori R. Lascoe

Ray Township Clerk


Sample Ballot - Pct 1 - Romeo

Sample Ballot - Pct 1 - Utica

Sample Ballot - Pct 2 - Armada

Sample Ballot - Pct 2 - New Haven


Lori Lascoe Clerk

Betsy Bart Deputy Clerk


If you would like to obtain an Absentee Voter Ballot, please fill out the form below and return it to the Clerk's office of Ray Township

Absent Voter Ballot Application

**Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) citizens are U.S. citizens who are Service members, their eligible family members and overseas citizens.


Below you will find a link for more information.


Straight Party voting has been eliminated from the                November 6, 2018
election. You must vote for each candidate individually.

 The November 6, 2018 Election will be conducted in all voting precincts of Ray Township for nominating candidates for the Office of: Governor and Lt. Governor, Secretary of State, Attorney General, U.S. Senator, Representative in Congress, State Senator, Representative in State Legislature, Member of the State Board of Education, Regent of the University of Michigan, Trustee of Michigan State University, Governor of Wayne State University, County Executive, Clerk & Register of Deeds, County Commissioner, Justice of Supreme Court, Judge of the Court of Appeals, Judge of the Court of Appeals, Judge of Circuit Court, Judge of the Probate Court, Board of Trustees Member Macomb Community College, Ray Township Library Board, Armada Area School Board, New Haven School Board, Romeo Community Schools Board, Utica Community Schools Board.

Proposal 18-1
A proposed initiated law to authorize and legalize possession, use and cultivation of marijuana products by individuals who are at least 21 years of age and older, and commercial sales of marijuana through state-licensed retailers
This proposal would:
• Allow individuals 21 and older to purchase, possess and use marijuana and marijuana-infused edibles, and grow up to 12 marijuana plants for personal consumption.
• Impose a 10-ounce limit for marijuana kept at residences and require amounts over 2.5 ounces be secured in locked containers.
And the purpose of voting on the following State Proposals:
• Create a state licensing system for marijuana businesses and allow municipalities to ban or restrict them.
• Permit retail sales of marijuana and edibles subject to a 10% tax, dedicated to implementation costs, clinical trials, schools, roads, and municipalities where marijuana businesses are located.
• Change several current violations from crimes to civil infractions.
Should this proposal be adopted? [ ] YES [ ] NO

Proposal 18-2
A proposed constitutional amendment to establish a commission of citizens with exclusive authority to adopt district boundaries for the Michigan Senate, Michigan House of Representatives and U.S. Congress, every 10 years

This proposed constitutional amendment would:
• Create a commission of 13 registered voters randomly selected by the Secretary of State:

o 4 each who self-identify as affiliated with the 2 major political parties; and

o 5 who self-identify as unaffiliated with major political parties.

• Prohibit partisan officeholders and candidates, their employees, certain relatives, and lobbyists from serving as commissioners.
• Establish new redistricting criteria including geographically compact and contiguous districts of equal population, reflecting Michigan’s diverse population and communities of interest. Districts shall not provide disproportionate advantage to political parties or candidates.
• Require an appropriation of funds for commission operations and commissioner compensation.
Should this proposal be adopted? [ ] YES [ ] NO

Proposal 18-3
A proposal to authorize automatic and Election Day voter registration, no-reason absentee voting, and straight ticket voting; and add current legal requirements for military and overseas voting and post-election audits to the Michigan Constitution

This proposed constitutional amendment would allow a United States citizen who is qualified to vote in Michigan to:
• Become automatically registered to vote when applying for, updating or renewing a driver’s license or state-issued personal identification card, unless the person declines.
• Simultaneously register to vote with proof of residency and obtain a ballot during the 2-week period prior to an election, up to and including Election Day.
• Obtain an absent voter ballot without providing a reason.
• Cast a straight-ticket vote for all candidates of a particular political party when voting in a partisan general election.
Should this proposal be adopted? [ ] YES [ ] NO

A United States citizen who will have been a resident of the township for 30 days and age 18 on or before November 6, 2018 may register to vote. If you have registered to vote by mail, contact the Clerk’s Office to determine your eligibility to vote by absentee ballot. The absentee ballot applications-by-mail deadline is Saturday, November 3, 2018 at 2:00 P.M. The Clerk’s Office will be OPEN on Saturday, November 3, 2018 from 9:00 A.M. until 2:00 P.M. Persons qualified to vote by absentee ballot in the General Election may vote in person in the Clerk’s Office up to 4:00 P.M., November 5, 2018. To obtain additional information about your registration status, obtaining sample ballots or absentee voter applications please visit

Lori R. Lascoe
Ray Township Clerk

 Registering to Vote

Township residents may register to vote at any Secretary of State Office or at the Township Clerk's office. You must register to vote at least 30 days prior to an election to be eligible to vote in that election.

Where to Vote

All national, state, county and township and school elections are held at:
Precinct 1 and Precinct 2. Both are located in the Seniors Center, Ray Township Hall, 64255 Wolcott. The polls are open on election days from 7AM to 8 PM.

General Election
Also, anyone may vote by absentee by submitting an application with your full name, address, and the reason you need to vote absentee ballot, which may include the following reasons:

  • 60 years of age or older
  • You will be out of the community on Election Day
  • You are physically unable to attend the polls

You must sign and date the application for us to provide you with a ballot. Applications are accepted at the Clerk's Office. You may bring your form in person, drop it at our convenient drop box in front of the Township Hall, or mail it to us at: 64255 Wolcott Rd., Ray Twp., MI 48096

Note: If you wish to be placed on a "permanent application" list-which means you would automatically receive an absentee ballot application before each election-contact our office.

Township Board Meetings

The Township Board Meetings are held the third Tuesday of the month starting at 7:00 p.m. Please come and let the Board Members know how you feel about our Township and how we can help you! If you can't make the meetings, agendas and minutes are posted on line at If you have questions, please call my office at 586-749-5171 x 201.

Election Inspector Application

If you are interested in becoming an Election Inspector, please complete the application available below.

Election Inspector Application